Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Ghost's Political Logic Part 2

Ghost believes that those who do not believe in god do not deserve the rights the US holds. Well what's interesting is that the George Washington, a democrat president, agreed on that heavily (he also owned slaves).

Abe Lincoln however, never mentioned his religion and was the creator of the Republican party, the party Ghost claims is the only one that truly is American.

So really when Ghost says that Donald Trump is the modern day George Washington he's actually comparing Trump to a democrat who owned slaves. Seems to me that Ghost needs to rethink his choice of words.

FRY DAT CHICKEN

Post this in a Ghost thread. Ghost isn't some political philosopher or economist to be studied. He's some dipshit retard  who barely knows what he's saying.

You're right.
Trump isn't even religious. Whenever people pray with him, he says "thank you" while the rest of them says "amen".
That's what an atheist does as a gesture because the prayer means more to them than him.
And he never really brought up God until he became president.
Moreover, a right wing president would never do anything that could harm the 2nd amendment, such as banning bumpstocks.
But because Trump did it, Ghost is like "who cares about bumpstocks", not realizing that in the language of that bill it refers to bumpstocks as a gun addon.
And let's not forget that Trump on quite a few occasions have refereed to himself as a democrat.
Trump had to give us red flag laws in order for Ghost to disagree with him on something.
Trump also wants extensive background checks on gun owners, as if that has ever worked.
Did Ghost ever bring that up?
Then there was the prison reform, which allows child molesters and rapists to come out of jail early without notifying their victims.
Did Ghost ever bring that up on the show?
And what about the the Animus bell? In which he allows millions upon millions of illegal immigrants to come into this country as long as they have an unaccompanied child with them.
Remember when Ghost tried to damage control that? Dude! That bill allows even more illegals than Obama. Seriously.
And remember when Trump was eating dinner with his daughter and Tim Cook and Trump called him "Tim Apple"? Because according to Trump "it takes longer to say Tim Cook than to say Tim Apple". And at the same table, he also said he supports more immigration after Tim Apple gave him some billion dollars. I shit you not. So he lied about keeping America first. And he lied about keeping Americans first.
And Ghost defends this guy. He'd probably die for him too.

Quote from MikamiTeru on September 4, 2019, 6:52 am

Ghost believes that those who do not believe in god do not deserve the rights the US holds. Well what's interesting is that the George Washington, a democrat president, agreed on that heavily (he also owned slaves).

Abe Lincoln however, never mentioned his religion and was the creator of the Republican party, the party Ghost claims is the only one that truly is American.

So really when Ghost says that Donald Trump is the modern day George Washington he's actually comparing Trump to a democrat who owned slaves. Seems to me that Ghost needs to rethink his choice of words.

If you think it's solely about religion then you miss the point of natural law and you're relatively ignorant of history.

The point of rights "bestowed by God" is that it should be self-evident to any healthy mind what our "rights" are. That is to say, I don't need any central authority to tell me that I have no right to kill someone, and I have the right to exist free of being killed. This is obvious. It makes no philosophical sense to sit here and advocate something so contrary to my own interest.

Because of this, rights are not given to you by a king, a dictator, or even your voting neighbours. This conception of rights exists whether or not a government may decide to honour them. That notion of rights is relatively unique to the United States, was revolutionary for the time, and continues to be revolutionary. It is revolutionary because it posits and establishes that government is not beyond criticism or resistance by mere virtue of being the most powerful in the room.

So why "God"? Like it or not, the founding fathers existed in a world steeped in Christianity. The idea of "rights from God" is intended not as a religious dictate, but as a direct antagonist to the then-prevailing view that rights were bestowed by a monarch upon his subjects, acting as "God's worldly deputy" of sorts. In this view, the Enlightenment view of rights bypasses the monarch entirely, bestowing said rights directly from God onto his people.

Atheism, etc are relatively new in the scope of world history and as such there's not really a nation using a conception of rights steeped in it. One can perhaps view "instinct" and "rational self interest" as a secular analogue to Christian conceptions of natural law. Many libertarians do so through the Non-Aggression Principle.

The really important bit of all this though, is understanding what a right actually *is* versus a privilege. A right can be best described as a freedom that does not infringe the freedoms of others. A privilege is an advantage you have at the expense of another. As such, rights cannot be granted or taken from you, while privileges can be granted to you and often at the expense of others' rights.

So unfortunately a lot of atheists and secular people don't understand this distinction as well as Christian classical-liberals. They talk about "giving people more rights" and essentially act like an authoritarian democratic mob is somehow better than a king doing the same things. But really, it isn't. I'm not saying atheists can't understand natural rights, but I am saying a lot of them choose not to.

@ashley is right.
Atheism is what happens when people lose grip on reality and start inviting the devil into thy homes.
Back in the day, because we were a lot closer to God, we were also easily able to spot evil.
At some point, we started giving women a chance, we then gave newspapers, radio and then tv a chance. And "presto"! The devil had a gateway into our homes.
Technically we were all born spiritually attached to God. But public education, social structure, vaccines and pills makes it so that most of us become mindless sheep at an early age.
So you see. Atheists really doesn't have any rights, because they have already accepted that they are nothing. And when you are nothing, you serve no purpose. And no purpose = no rights. However. According to today's society structure. they do have rights. Although, this goes against everything our forefathers gave up their freedom for. And it goes against our king of kings.

That's not really what I meant at all but okay.

I kind of get what your saying.

FRY DAT CHICKEN
Quote from Smoke on September 4, 2019, 10:49 am

Post this in a Ghost thread. Ghost isn't some political philosopher or economist to be studied. He's some dipshit retard  who barely knows what he's saying.

I'd love to but the jew that runs this shitty site can't make a delete button.

FRY DAT CHICKEN
Quote from MikamiTeru on September 4, 2019, 6:52 am

Hang on, wasn't Washington 100% against political parties? Why do you call him a democrat?

Advertisements