Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Trump To Ban Flavored E Cigs

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-administration-meeting-address-vaping-crisis-n1052396

This is by far one of the stupidest moves Trump has made so far. This ban makes absolutely no sense and would only serve to profit Big Tobacco even further. Not to mention a majority of Trump supporters are angry about this move. Now granted it was mentioned the flavored e cigs can go back on market if they are approved of by the FDA, but this is still a dumb move on his part.

I except you Ghost to talk about this issue tonight and if you even think about agreeing with Trump I will seriously let you know about it.

E-Cigs are most likely not very good for you and because of the flavors, kids are smoking them like it's candy.
The recent deaths related to vaping is obviously some bullshit they do in order to get it banned.
You can tell it's bullshit because all of a sudden people are dying from it, but it didn't happen until now.
I'm not a huge fan of Trump lately.
For the past year almost, he's been doing some very left-wing Obama shit, like the bump stock ban (which is bad because of the bill's language stating that this is a gun part and not a gun tweak, which again opens up a scary Pandora's box for the future of the 2nd amendment), then there was the omnibus bill (allowing millions of burrito eaters in so long as they have an unaccompanied child with them), and then there was the prison reform shit (making it easier for rapists and other freaks to come out earlier). Oh and when he called Tim Cook "Tim Apple", he told him he supports immigration.
The list goes on and on.
Anyway. This ban makes sense in a way. Because unlike cigarettes, this gives people a reason to become addicted to something. And because it's candy flavored, kids are doing it.
It's not like alcohol where you have to get used to the taste, or tobacco where the taste and the smell is complete garbage.
So I fully support him on this one actually.
And I get why people are against this ban, because it's kind of a democratic move. Trump is pretty much telling people "Hey parents! You can't take care of your child, so let your friendly neighborhood government do it for you".
But lately, Trump has proven to be more of a democrat then the democrats themselves.
So how surprised can you be?

Quote from Ghostler The Broken Hambone on September 11, 2019, 9:04 pm

the prison reform shit (making it easier for rapists and other freaks to come out earlier).

Correction! Without notifying your victim.

But Trump is nothing but a liar and a showboater. He's probably not even gonna go through with this ban.

The deaths are being linked to Vitamin E acetate present in some unregulated THC oils. It has nothing to do with nicotine products, which is why they're pushing this "think of the children" angle and why the Juul company in particular is getting raked over the coals, since Juul products were easily accessible in gas stations.

The FDA's plan is to force vendors to apply for a new type of license, which will no doubt be needlessly expensive so that Big Tobacco companies like Phillip Morris can enter the market and dominate it. It's an anti-competitive measure on top of being downright nanny state bullshit, and I expect Ghost to oppose it on those grounds, but who knows.

I've been against this vaping nonsense since it first took off in the early 2000's. I was amazed on how these devices and high-concentrate juices were just allowed to flood the market (during Obama) without ANY KIND of oversight, regulation and/or studying. You can't even give food to the homeless in some U.S. cities because of "regulations," yet these devices were distributed nationwide (mostly made in China) to an unsuspecting consumer who, in many cases, believed that this was a "safer" alternative to traditional smoking.

Moreover, I find it ironic that we haven't seen more of these cases. Vapor is a liquid, which provides a breeding ground for infections and other ailments to rapidly develop inside the lungs. Not to mention the concentration of nicotine inhaled through a vape can be up to 15 times (sometime more) the nicotine of a cigarette (mind you, cigarette companies put chemicals and other cancer causing agents in these products).

To be honest, I don't vape; I smoke cigars and tobacco pipes. One thing I've seen throughout my whole life is old cigar/ pipe smokers (70+). So I'll keep smoking. For an example, below is a clip of a WW2 veteran who smoked cigars everyday and he was 109 in this video (he has since passed on from this clip at 112).

Ghost

Quote from ghostreport on September 11, 2019, 11:22 pm

Moreover, I find it ironic that we haven't seen more of these cases. Vapor is a liquid, which provides a breeding ground for infections and other ailments to rapidly develop inside the lungs.

This is true only of contaminated liquids, as far as I can tell. E-liquid should be nothing but propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin (both are already bacteridicidal) mixed with food-grade flavorings and optional nicotine. Mold and bacteria shouldn't be able to live in that environment because it deprives them of moisture.

I will say that I remember a story not too long ago of some idiots putting water in their liquids to make bigger clouds, which made them ill. You won't find any reputable shop selling or recommending things like that though.

It's fucking bullshit, not a single minor will stop vaping because it doesn't taste fruity anymore.  Kids vape because it's a nicotine product that they can use without stinking up their clothes and getting caught.  That's it!  You can vape in your bedroom and no one is none the wiser

Every smoker I know has switched to vaping because they say it's easier on their lungs.  They breathe better and don't smell bad and don't cough up brown phlegm anymore

None of the vaping hospitalizations have anything to do with flavor liquid, and have everything to do with bootleg THC carts from mexico containing pesticides.

Quote from banterfish on September 12, 2019, 1:05 am

It's fucking bullshit, not a single minor will stop vaping because it doesn't taste fruity anymore.  Kids vape because it's a nicotine product that they can use without stinking up their clothes and getting caught.  That's it!  You can vape in your bedroom and no one is none the wiser

Every smoker I know has switched to vaping because they say it's easier on their lungs.  They breathe better and don't smell bad and don't cough up brown phlegm anymore

None of the vaping hospitalizations have anything to do with flavor liquid, and have everything to do with bootleg THC carts from mexico containing pesticides.

I worked with a kid in high school over the summer, he told me that you can walk by the boy's bathroom and say "IS SOMEONE VAPING IN THERE?" and kids will run out like the place caught on fire, usually 3 or more. I've seen people hit Juuls while on the job as they only need to hide their palm and then blow it out under a desk or register. They're popular because you can use them incognito in places where you definitely couldn't get away with smoking a cigarette.

I think there's a clear distinction between the actual flavored products that would be banned under this and the counterfeit THC cartridges full of things like vitamin E acetate and pesticides, that actually cause the disease. Sure, people can be annoying with the former, but the latter is actually causing the hundred-some life threatening cases being seen in the media. So if there was to be regulation targeting the actual harmful products, that would actually carry some meaning.

I will skål for you
Quote from ghostreport on September 11, 2019, 11:22 pm

I've been against this vaping nonsense since it first took off in the early 2000's. I was amazed on how these devices and high-concentrate juices were just allowed to flood the market (during Obama) without ANY KIND of oversight, regulation and/or studying. You can't even give food to the homeless in some U.S. cities because of "regulations," yet these devices were distributed nationwide (mostly made in China) to an unsuspecting consumer who, in many cases, believed that this was a "safer" alternative to traditional smoking.

Moreover, I find it ironic that we haven't seen more of these cases. Vapor is a liquid, which provides a breeding ground for infections and other ailments to rapidly develop inside the lungs. Not to mention the concentration of nicotine inhaled through a vape can be up to 15 times (sometime more) the nicotine of a cigarette (mind you, cigarette companies put chemicals and other cancer causing agents in these products).

To be honest, I don't vape; I smoke cigars and tobacco pipes. One thing I've seen throughout my whole life is old cigar/ pipe smokers (70+). So I'll keep smoking. For an example, below is a clip of a WW2 veteran who smoked cigars everyday and he was 109 in this video (he has since passed on from this clip at 112).

Ghost

https://youtu.be/BXyfCGDnuWs

In general I support no regulations even if such product is dangerous. However full disclosure should be required in the event that the manufacturer isn't exactly being forthcoming about what they make. Whether vaping is bad for you or not, that's really up to the consumer to decide, yet one can't make a good decision without getting all the facts.

Advertisements